Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Importance of Alignment"


Written by R. E. Bailes

AAA Contract Good for Alignment


When we talk about our automobiles we often discuss the things that are necessary for keeping our maintenance up to date and how to know if the tires are rotated or aligned properly. I remember my father telling me something when I bought a vehicle at the age of nineteen. He took a look at the wheels and told me that it would be a good idea to get the car checked for alignment so that the wheels would last longer. I remember say something like, "ok" and that was the last time I thought about it. I had bought the car to deliver news papers and was putting quite a few miles on it every day. It wasn't long before my front tires had gone almost bald on the inside edges, so I went to the tire place and asked if rotating them would help. That is when I learned that the tires were not safe to put anywhere else on the car except to keep them where they were until they wore out. Once again I was asked if I would like to get an alignment by the mechanic and I told him I didn't have the extra money because I needed to save for the tires I needed to soon purchase. He said, "ok" and I went on my way. Those tires that should have lasted me at least a year only lasted about six months! Did I intentionally do something wrong? No. Did I understand why the car needed an alignment? Not really. I thought that the alignment just corrected the pull of the car to the right or left. What I didn't understand was that you can tell when it needs alignment just by looking at the wear on the tires.

If you want to know more about this yourself, just drop into a local gas station and they will be glad to tell you!

Missing the purpose and benefit of alignment really cost me allot of money and I didn't forget that! There is something that is very important about our relationship with God that will cost us greatly also, if we don't understand it fully. The thing we need to understand is the importance of being in alignment with God! If we don't understand this we may go through our lives paying the price for things that we could have avoided all together. Do you and I need alignment with God? The answer without a doubt is "Yes" and the reason is that we lose without this alignment. You may be thinking to yourself, "I don't believe I'm losing anything so I'll just close this devotion and go on with my life!". Hold on and hear me out because it might just be possible that you could learn something about this that you hadn't seen before! I'll only take a few more minutes of your precious time and just maybe it will benefit you for the rest of your life.

The alignment between God and our souls is what allows the flow of His blessings and living water to go from His throne to our souls! The pipeline must be completely aligned though to receive all that God has for your life. There are many things that we allow to become a part of our life but they must be placed in alignment between ourselves and God. You see, God always must be at the top and we must be at the bottom of the things in our life. That pipeline must flow directly through all of those things in order for God to bless them too. This includes our relationships with other people. If you are married, your spouse should be at the top of the priorities in your life but God should come above that person. That is right, God wants first place and everything else to fall in line right beneath Him so He can flow through all that your life is filled with.

If we are to be in alignment, then how do we know if we are out of alignment? That's seems like a good question!

The way you will know your life is not in alignment with God is when you find yourself holding onto things for yourself and surrounding yourself with things horizontally instead of vertically. You may have a friend that you know is a little too nice so you put them over to the right of you since you know it wouldn't be right to align them with God in the first place. You already have your wife or husband up there and it just wouldn't look right to put that person in the pipeline too. You might have a really nice car that you really want to keep for your own personal reasons and God might decide to put it to use too if you stuck it up there in the pipeline so you stick over here to the left. After a while you begin to feel pretty secure surrounded by all the things that you have accumulated over the years and it really doesn't seem necessary to put them in alignment with God anyways. Life is Good! It always makes me wonder when I see that bumper sticker "Life is Good!". Is it really that great when it's not in alignment with God. What happens when we begin to move things horizontally?

When you move the first thing a little to the left or right, it creates a small leak in the pipeline and then another small leak starts when we move something else. The first thing we notice is the power of God seems to be decreasing in our lives and we begin to look pray for that peace that comes from His flowing power into our soul. We begin to desire other things to replace that missing peace that once was there as the flow begins to slow even more and our decisions begin to get out of alignment with God as we try one thing after another to bring back the life flow that has slowed down to a trickle. The flow never stops completely but it has been redirected because our desires and decisions are not in alignment with God. When our life purpose changes we allow the pipeline from God's throne to shift somewhere in between and most of the flow is just spilling out where we allowed the pipe to shift and it is running down to the ground all around us but the flow that we once had full of new life, spiritual growth and blessings that is connected to our soul is barely a trickle.

I want to close with a few verses of encouragement with you next and I would ask that you pray about this today.

Ask yourself, "Am I willing to trust in the Lord and not remain wise in my own eyes? Am I willing to fear the Lord in reverence and remove anything that would bring evil, bad or trouble into my life?".

If you find that you are willing to do these things, you will see in the verses to follow what happens when your pipeline is in alignment between God's throne and your soul with everything else placed in line, so that God can flow through them also.

Proverbs 3:1-12 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: 2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. 3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: 4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. 8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. 9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: 10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. 11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: 12 For whom the LORD loves he corrects; even as a father the son in whom he delights.

Write "AAA" on a piece of paper today and sign it if you mean business! Under "AAA" write these words; Anything, Any Time, Any Where and place it where you will be reminded of your commitment to God. This is the type of commitment that God is looking for in our bodies, minds and souls! If we can commit ourselves like this to God, we will see the presses burst to overflowing and the storehouses filled with the blessings of God!

We all have different interests and purposes and that is exactly how God will bless us!

Commit Your All and Claim his Blessings Today!

Remember, if you have a AAA contract with GOD, you won't need to be concerned with proper alignment! Everything will be stacked with God's throne at the top and your soul at the bottom of the pipeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment