Saturday, September 19, 2009

"DOA - Without A Warning"

written by Robert E. Bailes

Don't End up Dead On Arrival

Have you ever started your day feeling full of love , joy and peace and found yourself later in the day with feelings of hate,anger and turmoil?

Recently I had been looking up something on a website when a audio recording began to play that had nothing to do with what I was looking at. I believe it was a pop up window that was hid in the background. Isn't that something that a voice can just suddenly interrupt you while you are online and begin telling you something you hadn't even chosen to listen to in the first place? Well, I immediately hit the mute button on my computer keyboard and it took care of that voice right away. After I had been on the computer for about an hour while I was right in the middle of getting something set up on my website, my computer just shut off! I thought, what in the world happened? It didn't even warn me first! Usually the computer will beep letting me know that it is getting low on battery power. The problem was that it was muted so I couldn't even hear the beeps and I was so busy that I wasn't paying enough attention to my power source. The next thing I knew, my computer was dead!

Isn't that how we do sometimes in our lives? We start out our day feeling full of energy and all prayed up, then something happens to disrupt our day and we get upset about it. Then we start hearing that voice telling us what we should have done different but we just mute it so we can keep going. Then another thing happens and we get upset about it too but this time the voice doesn't come to calm us down so we stay upset and this usually affects the way our whole day goes. Since our source of power is cut off with God we just keep going on our own power without having any idea when it is going to run out. Sometimes it is in the middle of the afternoon; sometimes right after picking up the kids from school; sometimes when we are getting ready for church and sometimes right when your spouse needs your attention but the power flow runs dry and we are found Dead On Arrival (DOA)! There reason doesn't seem obvious for anyone to see, including ourselves, but it was the simple choice earlier in the day to mute the voice that sends us the warnings that we need to plug into the infinite Power of God. Just as my computer did without the warning; you will shut down if you try to do it all running on your store of energy.

1Peter 5:6-11 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

"Resist stedfast in faith each day; all day through God's infinte Power!"

No comments:

Post a Comment